The first Botanic Gardens in St Andrews dates from 1889 south of St Mary's College in South Street, now relocated at Bassaguard. The gardens were once leased from the St Andrews University to North East Fife District Council who now, under Fife Council, continues to maintain them.
|May-September, daily,10am to 7pm
||May-September, daily, 10am to 4pm
|October-April, daily,10am to 4pm
||October-April, Mon-Fri, 10am to 4pm
A small entry charge is payable and guided tours can be
organised by pre-arrangement.